Friday, September 14, 2012

Fabric Picture Frame

As my sister was going through a box of fabric she came across this beautiful pink floral stuff that she used at one time.  I took the scraps thinking i would use them to make a quilt and remembered this little PIN.  So here we go, I tweaked it to suit my needs, and what I had on hand.

For this project you will need:

Material
Hot glue gun & sticks
Picture Frame (any size)
Scissors


First step is to cut your fabric in little strips, as seen below.  The number of strips needed will depend on the size of your frame.  If you didn't cut enough you can always cut more.  The tutorial above used different coordinating material which turned out beautifully.


You can start anywhere (I figured a corner would be best) I tried to make sure my material was not wrapped around the little fasteners that keep the glass and backing inside the frame.  Once you start wrapping the frame will look like this (picture below).  Simply glue one end, start wrapping the fabric, and glue the other end once you run out of fabric.  Start another piece where your first piece ended.  If my fabric ended on the front of my frame I simply cut it so that it was glued on the back






Wrap your fabric until your entire frame is covered.  And here you go!

BADABING BADABOOM!




No comments:

Post a Comment