Monday, September 3, 2012

On to the Next One!

I did this last week.  It all started with this PIN.  But I broke all the rules and don't have a single button on my lamp.  My lamp base was a dark color and I wanted to make it pink.  So in order for the pink to show up I painted it white first (using the same paint I used on my dresser).  The lamp shade I pretty much outlined with some brown paint.  I then made a trip to our local craft store *squee*...That place makes me crazy! I found these really cute fabric flowers.  I thought to myself "PERFECT" I grabbed some beads for the center of the flower and some hot glue sticks and I was DONE!  Not really, the fun part hasn't even started!!

For this project you will need:

Lamp with Shade
Paint
Something Fun to apply to the lamp shade
Hot glue gun
Hot glue sticks

Placement wasn't really that important but it seems that I started a pattern without knowing it.  Right, left, right, left.

BAM!!


How cute is that?!?  You can see that I didn't just paint the base of the lamp.  I sort of sponged the paint on to give it a textured look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment