Monday, September 3, 2012

MOD PODGE ALL THE THINGS!

When Aiden was in diapers I would constantly lose his wipey cases.  I don't know where they went.  You know those socks monsters that live in the dryer?  Well, I swear I have a wipe case monster.  Anyways, I saw this PIN and thought to myself, "Maybe if it's pretty I won't lose it?" Hahaha we shall see how that works.  So far it is still sitting on my table so the Monsters may have retired.

Since I have discovered mod podge, I think I need to mod podge ALL THE THINGS!

*snort*

For this project you will need:

Wipe case
Mod Podge
Scrapbook paper (what I used)
Paint (maybe not, keep reading)

So I painted my wipe case (using the pink I used on the knobs of my dresser).  Paint doesn't stick to well to plastic, but I kept going.  I applied my scrapbook paper after cutting to fit the case and mod podged it all.  I think that the paint will eventually end up chipping off, so maybe painting it isn't the best idea.  This was super simple and took me maybe 20 minutes to do.

KABOOM!!


This is the case opened.  As you can see it is a travel case but you could also take this idea and apply it to the larger wipe cases.  Other ideas....You could hot glue ribbon, buttons, beads, etc.  This project gives you a lot of creative freedom.  I tried to find things that I already had and use what was left.  The paper, paint, and mod podge were all used to make the dresser.  I also used a Sharpie to write our last name on the case.  This would make an excellent piece to include in a baby shower gift!  





2 comments:

  1. You should use spray paint. Love crafting with spray paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned that I am not a spray painter. I tried spray painting my mod podge dresser. It was a disaster. I will keep working with it maybe I will get the hang of it eventually.

      Delete