Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tutu Wreath!

Omg this is the cutest idea EVER! I saw this PIN and with Halloween right around the corner I had to make one!

I followed the instructions pretty much as they are written there.  I added purple to make it look like my monster had spots :) I also could not find spools of tulle in the color that I wanted so I bought actual yards of tulle and just cut it.  AND I added the appearance of eyelashes on my monster, I just put longer length tulle behind the eyes.  I used about three yards, 2 of the green and 1 of the purple.

My finished product

BABAM!




For this project you will need:

Scissors
3 yards of tulle (any color)
2 Styrofoam balls
black paint (or sharpie)
paint brush
Piece of card stock for the teeth
Ribbon or fabric for the bow

I cut my Styrofoam wreath in half.  I was trying to be thrifty and thought "Hey, if I cut this in half I will not have to make my tulle as long and I can make two".  It worked but a round object would be much easier to maneuver the tulle around the wreath.  I also outlined my teeth with a black sharpie.  I think I might just stick a black piece of paper behind it to give it depth.  The original creator had a black door, I on the other hand have a white door.  It's still really cute and Aiden absolutely loves this little Monster.  We are looking forward to scaring Daddy when he gets home!







No comments:

Post a Comment